Montag, 24. Februar 2014

Prayer in Time of Need or Trouble


The dark clouds of trouble gather above me,
O Lord, and the grief of torments terrify me. 
Though I find myself in a state of suffering I do not complain against you,
O Good One, for you are my support and the unshaken Rock
upon which I place my hope. You know, God the cause of my
wretchedness and sorrows, and you continue to look after me. 
Even in my suffering I know that you love me, and it is this very knowledge
that strengthens me.
Thus hoping in your love and goodness, I shall not allow these assaults to
overcome me;
rather I will fight with courage, and, confident in your help, I shall be
victorious. 
It is you who guide the world and the fate of mortals; thus direct the ship of
my life
which is assailed by the waves of temptation, so that it may reach the calm
harbor. 
Alone, I fight in vain against the tempests of life, for without you I can do
nothing. 
I therefore flee to you, O Good One, and I pray: Come to my aid and save me
by your might,
just as you once saved Peter who came to you upon the water. 
Stretch out your hand to me as you did to him, O Lord of mercy and do not
delay. Amen.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen