Dienstag, 4. März 2014

Prayer before Reading Scripture


O Lord Jesus Christ open Thou the eyes of my heart, that I
may hear Thy word and understand and do Thy will for I am
a sojourner upon the earth.


Hide not Thy commandments from me, but open mine eyes
that I may perceive the wonders of Thy law.

Speak unto me the hidden and secret things of Thy wisdom.

On Thee do I set my hope, O my God, that Thou shall enlighten
my mind and understanding with the light of Thy knowledge,
not only to cherish those things which are written, but to do them;
that in reading the lives and sayings of the saints I may not sin,
but that such may serve for my restoration, enlightenment and
sanctification, for the salvation of my soul, and the inheritance
of life everlasting.

For Thou are the enlightenment of those who lie in darkness, and
from Thee cometh every good deed and every gift. Amen.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen